Website terms and conditions template
- Length:19 pages (5850 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this website terms and conditions document
This website T&C is for a software or other technical business providing continuous work. By “continuous”, we mean work that continues until one side or the other terminates, as against a one-off service. Could be for a retail or business client. Perfect for a “cloud” service. Examples: web hosting; provision of statistics; Internet marketing; advertising placements. Extensive and detailed provisions to protect your IP and servers and to control what is allowed in postings.
Because this is a website TandC document, we assume that all details of your service will be on your website.
We have presented many options, each in simple terms so as to give you a menu of possibilities.
There are provisions for what can be uploaded to your site, draft data storage provisions.
There are special additional provisions regarding domain names which will not be required by every buyer of this document.
This template complies with the Fair Trading Act 1986, the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 as amended, and other latest consumer protection legislation allowing you to sell to businesses or consumers.
- Professionally draw, tough law
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
- Sets out clearly how your business works and what customers can expect
- Presents a professional image of your business. Our use of plain English helps ensure customers do not feel intimidated by overly formal or legalistic language
- Prevent misunderstandings and make solving disputes easier
- Complies with consumer protection law without compromising your legal rights if you also sell to businesses
- Protect your website from misuse (we include paragraphs that form an Acceptable Use Policy, useful if your visitors can interact with your website, for example, by posting reviews or exchanging messages in a customer forum)
- Helps you to trade safely internationally, whether your customers are in the Commonwealth of Australia, New Zealand or further afield.
The law in this document
The law in these T&C is largely common law that deals with the basics of contracts: offer, acceptance, price and payment, delivery, returns, dispute resolution, liabilities and risk. Provided you comply with the law, you can set whatever terms you like.
This template complies with latest consumer protection legislation allowing you to sell to businesses or consumers.
- Definitions and interpretation
- Preliminary legal matters
- The price
- Renewal payments
- Content you Contribute or Post to Our Website
- Other restrictions
- About Contributions Posted by you
- Removal of offensive Content
- Security of Our Website
- Other legal provisions
- Publicity / Announcements
- Miscellaneous matters
Over 2,000 words of helpful and informative drafting notes.