Vehicle lease agreement
Lease any vehicle: business to business.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this vehicle lease agreement
This is a comprehensive and flexible agreement for leasing any vehicle whether new or used. The type of vehicle does not matter. The vehicle could be of any size or type, from a small car to a delivery scooter or can be a van, flatbed lorry or vehicles used for transportation. The lease period may range from months to years. Despite whatever may be the length of term, a well drawn agreement protects you and the vehicle - your asset in all ways. Like this one!
Using an agreement such as this one provides both sides with a record of the arrangements and the condition of the vehicle, helping to prevent and more easily resolve disputes.
To make your life easy, we have provided multiple options in many areas including responsibilities for maintenance, payment of the lease, options for buy-out at the end of lease, options to extend and much more. By and large, you can set the terms you want, particularly the commercial ones. The document should be edited so that it reflects exactly how your business works. Our guidance notes will tell you what you can change safely, and what we don't advise changing.
When to use this document
This agreement can be used by any person, business or other organisation to lease to a business or individual.
Examples of use might be:
- a fleet owner who leases cars, vans to individuals for a long trip.
- a business owner who leases his personally owned car to his business.
- a company with an unused delivery van who leases it to another company (perhaps in the same group of companies).
- holiday car rental.
- Within a group of companies to move profit around the group for any reason.
Because this lease agreement is exempt from the consumer regulations, we have taken the advantage and include all the commercial provisions you may need to have in your lease agreement.
The law relating to this document
The terms of this agreement are based on common law that deals with the basics of contracts: offer, acceptance, price and payment, provision of service, liabilities and risk.
However, we have included provisions allowing you to comply with Consumer Guarantees Act 1983
This document can not be used as a consumer hire agreement under the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003.
Features of this vehicle lease agreement
This vehicle lease agreement is extremely comprehensive and written in plain English. It has been drawn for maximum flexibility and ease of use.
Key features are:
The term of the lease can be as long or short as you like, from months to years. We suggest a short period so that the contract can be renewed and terms (such as the rental amount) updated.
- Segregation of legal wording from the subject matter.
- The document allows use of several schedules to record the detail of the agreement. This keeps the "legal" wording of the commercial transaction separate to the "subject matter", creating an agreement that is easier to read, amend and reuse.
- The document may be used regularly or once only for a particular deal.
- Flexible rent and payment plans.
- The rent might be a simple monthly or annual payment or may be variable.
- The buy-back arrangement is an option you can include or delete.
Contents of this agreement
- Options for lease rentals
- Full description of the vehicle - subject matter of lease
- Warranties and exclusion by lessor
- Testing and checking of vehicle by the lessee and conditions of acceptance
- Prohibition on selling and subletting
- Termination or premature termination
- Optional provision for additional security
- Option for guarantor
- Repair and maintenance terms
- Buy-out provision
- Option to extend lease term
- Lessor’s right to inspect vehicle during lease and many other strong provisions on lessor’s rights
- Set of lessee’s obligations
- Lessee to indemnify lessor
- Other important legal and commercial provisions
Alternatives to this document
Use Office equipment lease agreement to lease or to rent any type of office equipment to another business. It could be used by a director or shareholder lending to his own business, a professional leasing business renting on a commercial basis, a business that wants to make good use of spare equipment, or as a record of within a group of related companies. It is suitable for any type of equipment, from mobile phones, to computer hardware, to furniture. The document is suitable for both long and short term loans.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
By Marise Lincoln 24 February 2017
Was great and easy to use and happy with the price.
By Craig Hamilton 30 November 2015
A very in depth lease agreement, perfect for leasing between entities to ensure that the IRD are happy. It was a much cheaper option than involving a lawyer for such a stock standard low risk document.
By Richard Seymour-Wright 06 September 2015
A great document for the start of what I wanted (an aircraft lease).
Not being able to comment to much on the content, but it appeared to have what was necessary and tied up quite well with another lease document I had (was more comprehensive, though, which was excellent).
The process of finding the document through Google, and then reviewing and purchasing was excellent.
Easily recommend this service, and will probably use it again for other documents.
By Pamela Watson 23 June 2015
My concern with purchasing legal documents online , is that the documents content must pertain to NZ law. Given the time restraint for me to organise a lease agreement,I was pleased to find the document that suited my needs from Nett Lawman, not to mention the savings in legal fees.
I would definitely recommend Nett Lawman to others.
"I used Netlawman to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor! "John K
"Compared to the costs quoted by our lawyers your service is an absolute bargain. We can now invest our money where it really matters!"Gary Morrison