Manufacturing contract: short version
This manufacturing agreement is for use by any business, for any product. Use for engineered product, clothes, furniture or anything else. The key point is that you are not instructing the manufacturer to finalise design work or add value but simply to make the product. It is an umbrella version suitable for either a single instruction, or for multiple or continuing orders.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this manufacturing agreement
This agreement covers a deal in simple terms you can edit yourself. You know what you want and how to specify it. You need a local manufacturer to make it up for you. This may be a sub contract or maybe you do not have the required facilities.
The product could be anything. What it is and what you want is to be set out in your specification.
- Favours the designer/customer not the manufacturer, so puts you in the driving seat
- Takes you logically through the practical provisions you will need
- Assumes your intellectual property is of great value and must be protected.
The law in this agreement
There is little statute law to regulate this agreement so it relies on common law: contract, tort, and so on.
Of course, there are regulations affecting your product. We have provided for your manufacturer to comply with specific, exact requirements you have set out in a schedule.
Contents of this manufacturing agreement
The most important provisions are likely to be:
- Manufacturer’s warranties - who they are, what qualifications they have.
- Scope of work - what exactly is the deal
- Product testing
- Packaging and delivery
- Production price
- Manufacturer’s warranties
- Use of sub-contractors
- Dealing with defective goods
- Option to prevent change of control of their business
- Confidential Information, including your intellectual property
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
"I used Netlawman to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.
"Compared to the costs quoted by our lawyers your service is an absolute bargain. We can now invest our money where it really matters!"Gary Morrison
"I have found the product exactly what I wanted and the notes helpful - as well as it being easy to locate, buy and download. There should be a better way of making your product more widely known. I have recently had experience of a tailor-made lease and this left a lot to be desired - whereas your product is well researched and ticks all the boxes."Ted