Joint ownership agreement: residential property
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This agreement covers any situation where two or more people share ownership and use of a house, flat, bungalow, cottage or other property for permanent occupation. The agreement is designed to regulate occupation where all the owners occupy the property at the same time and the property’s occupation is shared by area. This agreement is suitable not only for situations where, for example, each owner has the exclusive right to use a bedroom and shares the use of all other rooms, but also for virtual flats where, for example, each owner has the exclusive right to use a bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom and the only shared area is the entrance hall.
First, you should consider what the most suitable structure for your sharing proposal is.
Application and features
- Comprehensive fractional ownership document for any type of property: flat, apartment, house, bungalow and so on
- Sensible and practical provisions for shared ownership
- Written in plain English
- Explanatory notes to guide you
- Terms of beneficial interest - beneficial trusts provision
- Price and payment for the Property
- How the parties will use the Property
- How expenses will be paid
- Who and how will manage payment of expenses
- Undertakings by the parties
- Alternative exit strategies
- Effect of termination
- What if someone wants to sell his share or sell the property
- Many other legal provisions
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
"I have found Net Lawman perfect for my needs and saved me thousand of dollars in legal fees getting a lawyer to produce these douc's from scratch. I have used three of the Net Lawman doc's to basically write up the NDA, contract, Non Solicitation agreements to a level of being 95% complete and then used my lawyer to sign off. My lawyer even commented how complete these doc's are.
Thanks guys, great service/product.
Cheers Dean"Dean Harper
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor! "John K
"I found the documents easy to use and great value. I feel the service is easy to use and good value for money"Sean McNicholas