Joint ownership agreement: residential property
Comprehensive agreement to regulate the terms of property ownership where parties own and occupy the property at the same time.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This agreement covers any situation where two or more people share ownership and use of a house, flat, bungalow, cottage or other property for permanent occupation. The agreement is designed to regulate occupation where all the owners occupy the property at the same time and the property’s occupation is shared by area. This agreement is suitable not only for situations where, for example, each owner has the exclusive right to use a bedroom and shares the use of all other rooms, but also for virtual flats where, for example, each owner has the exclusive right to use a bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom and the only shared area is the entrance hall.
First, you should consider what the most suitable structure for your sharing proposal is.
Application and features
- Comprehensive fractional ownership document for any type of property: flat, apartment, house, bungalow and so on
- Sensible and practical provisions for shared ownership
- Written in plain English
- Explanatory notes to guide you
- Terms of beneficial interest - beneficial trusts provision
- Price and payment for the Property
- How the parties will use the Property
- How expenses will be paid
- Who and how will manage payment of expenses
- Undertakings by the parties
- Alternative exit strategies
- Effect of termination
- What if someone wants to sell his share or sell the property
- Many other legal provisions
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
By Tabitha McQuinlan 23 March 2016
Incredibly easy to use, well priced, saved us a few $$ with our lawyers. Highly recommend!
By Martin Eadie 24 May 2017
The template was very good – just what we were looking for – the instructions in the template and in the accompanying guide were excellent – refreshingly unpatronising with good clear advice and clear cautionary notes re amending certain parts of the template.
"I used Netlawman to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.
"Compared to the costs quoted by our lawyers your service is an absolute bargain. We can now invest our money where it really matters!"Gary Morrison
"Yes the document was very useful, easy to read and understand and contained everything I needed. I will definitely refer to your site in the future. "Vicky Gregory