Loan agreement: person to person; secured by guarantee
An agreement between a human individual lender and borrower. The loan is secured with a guarantee by a third party, who may be a friend, relative or business partner. It is likely to be used for family and friends loan arrangements as well as arms length business deals. Strong provisions to protect the lender. Options for alternative repayment provisions and lender actions if borrower defaults.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this loan agreement
This lawyer drawn agreement covers many critical corners of the law relating to loan agreements. It has been drawn to protect the Lender strongly. It provides for a guarantor but the option can be deleted if not required. We strongly advise a lender to insist on a guarantor.
There is no provision for a company lender or borrower in this agreement, nor for additional security. If those are required, see the selection at Loan agreement templates.
This is a simple but flexible agreement providing all the commonly required options.
When to use this loan agreement
- The lender and the borrower are two individuals
- Suitable for personal loans to family and friends
- Either or both parties may be in New Zealand or abroad
- Flexible for loans of any size and repayment terms of any complexity
The law in this loan agreement
There is little statutory regulation relating to an agreement of this nature, so you can make more or less the deal you choose.
Alternatives to this loan agreement
Net Lawman offers a variety of documents. Choose the one which suit you best.
The documents are:
- Unsecured loan agreement: person to person; private or business
- Loan agreement: individual borrower; secured on financial assets
- Loan agreement: private borrower; secured on physical assets
- Loan agreement: company; secured by guarantee
- Loan agreement: person to person; secured by guarantee (this agreement)
- Loan agreement: company; secured on financial instruments
- Loan agreement: company borrower; secured on physical assets; guarantor option
Contents of this loan agreement
The contents of the agreement include:
- Structure of the loan;
- Alternative draw down arrangements;
- Provision of information to lender;
- Repayment and interest payment arrangements;
- Provision for default situations;
- Guarantor liability
- Borrower's warranties;
- Other important legal points.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
By Lisa Kelly 03 July 2014
Very good service.
By Pete Smalberger 05 May 2017
I have not yet used the document.
"I have found Net Lawman perfect for my needs and saved me thousand of dollars in legal fees getting a lawyer to produce these douc's from scratch. I have used three of the Net Lawman doc's to basically write up the NDA, contract, Non Solicitation agreements to a level of being 95% complete and then used my lawyer to sign off. My lawyer even commented how complete these doc's are.
Thanks guys, great service/product.
Cheers Dean"Dean Harper
"I needed an Agreement and Google, as always, was where I headed. I found the Net Lawman site and initially I thought I needed a relationship type Agreement but the Lodger one was absolutely perfect.
I didn't think it would be so easy so would recommend your website to anybody who was looking for an Agreement to suit their needs."Wendy Auger
"I used Netlawman to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.