- Length:32 pages (8750 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this lease
This lease has been drawn for letting a unit on an industrial estate or business park. The use could be for any purpose, such as a workshop, factory, depot or warehouse. The unit could be one of a block under one roof or a stand-alone building. The lease includes the use of shared services on the park or estate, such as security, access roads, signs and parking and many other practical points. All the features you would expect and many practical options. Full service charge provisions are included.
This is a professionally drawn, very comprehensive lease with massive legal protection for the landlord including a long menu of “do’s” and “don’ts”.
This lease is not a compromise between the interests of the parties. It prefers the landlord’s interest. We think that is the best start point. If you wish to make concessions to your tenant, that is fine, but we want you have those choices.
It includes service charge provisions to provide 100% recovery of service costs.
Similar industrial lease agreements
If you want to let a stand-alone unit with no common services provided, you could look at Workshop lease agreement.
Plain English is used throughout except where it is necessary to use legal terms common in this field of law.
The key features of this template can be summarised as:
- standard guarantor
- service charge provisions - specifically written for a unit that is part of an industrial estate or business park
- options for transfer or assignment to another party
- sub-letting forbidden
- option to include a break clause for premature termination by the tenant
- a choice of options for rent reviews
- a draft agreement for a security deposit has also been included
The law in this lease
Commercial leases in New Zealand are governed by the Property Law Act 2007. There is no legal requirement that lease must be registered. However, the parties have the option of protecting their interests by registering the lease.
This lease agreement is comprehensive, providing alternative choices for important decisions.
The contents include 29 provisions and 3 schedules covering:
- rent: period, amount, other payments, interest on overdue rent, periodic review
- tenant’s warranties for authority
- landlord’s warranties
- condition and repair
- tenant's positive obligations
- restrictions on tenant: prohibited activities on the property
- signs and advertisements
- goods and vehicles
- assignment of the lease
- indemnities by the tenant
- security deposit
- access for landlord
- termination: default notice by landlord; provision for premature termination (a break clause)
- Schedule 1: the service charge
- Schedule 2: rights reserved
- Schedule 3: draft agreement for a security deposit