Horse loan agreement
This is a simple loan agreement to lend a horse or pony. Suitable for lending to a friend, family member or any other person. Use this document when you need to record the basic terms, but where you have high level of trust with the borrower.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This document is a template agreement designed to form the basis for a version suitable to your circumstances. It covers both the loan of a horse or pony for any purpose.
However, it is a good idea to specify the purpose of loan because by doing so, if the borrower uses the horse for something different, he is in default and you can demand the return of the horse.
Lending to friends and family can be difficult. A written agreement may seem too formal or raise questions of trust. But not using one can result in confusion about the terms, or mistaking the loan as a gift.
This agreement is simple in order to bridge the gap between not using an agreement at all, and using a longer, more comprehensive one. It is, however, legally binding.
In this document template we have made the deal for free loan.
Application and features
- Comprehensive agreement suitable for a horse or pony;
- Suitable whether you lend out a horse to a friend, family member or any other person;
- Sufficiently flexible to suit the parties;
- Written in plain English;
- With explanatory guidance notes.
- Purpose of the loan / use of the horse.
- Responsibilities of borrower for care and maintenance;
- Who is responsible for risk and insurance;
- Owner's warranties relating to condition and history of horse;
- Owner's right to inspect the horse during the period of loan;
- Miscellaneous legal matters to protect your interests.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
"I used Netlawman to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.
"I found the documents easy to use and great value. I feel the service is easy to use and good value for money"Sean McNicholas
"Yes the document was very useful, easy to read and understand and contained everything I needed. I will definitely refer to your site in the future. "Vicky Gregory