Joint ownership agreement: holiday property
A shared property purchase agreement suitable where generally only one owner occupies the whole of the property at any one time. Most suited where the owners use the property for holidays and weekend breaks.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This fractional ownership agreement covers any situation where two or more people share ownership and use of a house, flat or other property for holiday occupation. The agreements are designed to regulate occupation where only one owner occupies the whole of the property at any one time. However, there is nothing to prevent more than one owner occasionally using the property at the same time.
First, you should consider the most suitable structure for your sharing proposal.
Application and features
- Suitable for ownership and use of a house, flat or other property for holiday occupation
- Not suitable for a business letting, a lease of more than three months or a residential letting
- An all in one legal agreement - includes the declaration of trust (trust deed) as well as details about the sharing arrangement
- Two or more individuals or sets of people (two couples, two families) purchase together
- Comprehensive yet flexible – you edit out what doesn’t apply to you
- Complete with notes in plain English
- Terms of beneficial interest - beneficial trusts provision
- Price and payment for the Property
- How many people allowed into occupation at one time and who they may be
- Who and how will manage payment of expenses
- Management of the property
- Detailed management structure ordered by annual meetings of the owners, possibility of proxy voting, and more
- Undertakings by the parties
- Alternative exit strategies to allow for a share to be sold to a third party, after offering it to all other owners
- Effect of termination
- What if someone wants to sell his share or sell the property
- Other legal provisions to protect your interest
- Explanatory notes
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
By Andrew Finn 15 April 2015
Great!! Easy to find and quick to download... I couldn't believe I found it, a perfect template and so helpful... Thanks
"I have found Net Lawman perfect for my needs and saved me thousand of dollars in legal fees getting a lawyer to produce these douc's from scratch. I have used three of the Net Lawman doc's to basically write up the NDA, contract, Non Solicitation agreements to a level of being 95% complete and then used my lawyer to sign off. My lawyer even commented how complete these doc's are.
Thanks guys, great service/product.
Cheers Dean"Dean Harper
"I have found the product exactly what I wanted and the notes helpful - as well as it being easy to locate, buy and download. There should be a better way of making your product more widely known. I have recently had experience of a tailor-made lease and this left a lot to be desired - whereas your product is well researched and ticks all the boxes."Ted
"The document was extremely useful and I shall certainly use your service again"Colin Poole