Holiday house letting agreement
- Length:3 pages (1100 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
We have two versions of this document. This one is a slightly more formal and comprehensive version set out as an agreement to be signed by both parties. The alternative is drawn as a “terms and conditions” document which is non-negotiable. You can send that out in response to an enquiry or post it on your website Find it at Terms and conditions: holiday property.
This document is suitable for letting property anywhere in the world. It is in plain English but very comprehensive.
Application and features
- Comprehensive terms for letting a house, flat or villa to a group of people for a holiday;
- Suitable for a period of up to three months, but more usually one or two weeks;
- Not suitable for a business letting or a holiday letting for more than three months (simply to avoid the tenant acquiring tenancy rights at law - more likely, the longer they remain).
- All basic facts;
- Rent, deposit against good behaviour;
- Large menu of good behaviour “promises" setting out what tenant can and cannot do;
- Explanatory notes.