Food manufacturing agreement
A food product development and manufacturing agreement also suitable for drinks, skin care, and other regulated products. You have the ideas. Manufacturer produces examples and prototypes. You order production quantities. Manufacturer may be home or abroad. Recipe / design ideas and details of work to be attached by you or entered in schedule. It is an umbrella version suitable for either a single instruction, or for multiple or continuing orders.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this food manufacturing agreement
This agreement is for you to send your recipes and ideas to a company who will refine the recipe, send samples to you for approval, pass your stringent tests, comply with national or international standards and ultimately make up to your order. It could as easily be used for any heavily regulated product like cosmetics or drinks or sanitary products.
We cannot hope to think up the specification for every possible product. We leave it to you to provide your speification for design, finished product and standards to be achieved along the way.
- Favours the designer/customer not the manufacturer, so puts you in the driving seat
- Takes you logically through the practical provisions you will need
- Assumes your recipes and other intellectual property is of great value and must be protected.
- Suitable for a contract with foreign supplier
The law in this agreement
There is little statute law to regulate this agreement so it relies on common law: contract, tort, and so on.
Of course, there are regulations affecting your product. We have provided for your manufacturer to comply with specific, exact requirements you have set out in a schedule.
Contents of this food manufacturing agreement
The most important provisions are likely to be:
- Manufacturer’s warranties - who they are, what qualifications they have.
- Scope of work - what exactly is the deal
- Design reviews, product testing and quality assurance
- Setup costs
- Payment for product development
- You can show their plant to potential customers or regulatory bodies
- Design price and payment
- Production price
- Use of sub-contractors
- Option to cancel contract if ownership changes
- Confidential Information, including your intellectual property
- Rules for publicity and / or announcements
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
"I used Netlawman to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.
"I found the documents easy to use and great value. I feel the service is easy to use and good value for money"Sean McNicholas
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor! "John K