- Length:4 pages (800 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
- Provides a framework for all employees;
- Helps with health and safety compliance;
- Aims to reduce the number of employees who abuse drugs and or alcohol;
- Informs staff of their rights and responsibilities regards drugs and alcohol and;
- Provides a framework in which employees can seek help in order to resolve any addictions rather than a framework under which they will automatically be punished.
Why use this document?
Alcohol and drug misuse is everyone's concern. Not only does it damage the employee’s health, but it can cost employers through absenteeism and reduced productivity. It may also increase the risk of accidents.
Health and Safety legislation ensures that employers are responsible for prohibiting drug and alcohol misuse. Turning a blind eye is no excuse.
Do your employees drive?
If your employees drive in the course of their employment, you should be aware of duties under the Road Traffic legislation. These require drivers not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Who will use this document?
- Any business or organisation with employees
Application and features
- Provides a framework for all employees
- Helps with health and safety compliance
- Suitable for any sized business or organisation with employees
- Informs staff of their rights and responsibilities regards drugs and alcohol
- Aims to reduce the number of employees who abuse drugs and or alcohol
- Up to date policy encourages non abuse at work
- Down-to-earth common sense provisions to protect your business
- Educates staff in best practice
- Saves hours of individual explanation
- Current legislation
- Policy implementation