Consent letter to hospital to release medical records to employer
- Length:7 pages (1350 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
Employee absence causes business setbacks and other repercussions. Keep yourself fully informed by obtaining medical information. Sensitivity and confidentiality is important in order to comply with employment legislation. These letters are designed to avoid the pitfalls of failing to use the right words to convince a doubting GP practice or medical records manager that you are entitled to the information you seek.
This document includes model versions of five letters and a medical absence self certification form. In more detail:
- Letter from you to staff member explaining why consent needed and seeking authorities;
- Letter from staff member to general practitioner for records;
- Letter from staff member to hospital for records;
- Letter from staff member authorising your consultant to discuss his case;
- Letter from you to instruct consultant;
- Medical absence self certifications form.
Who will use these documents?
Any employer or manager with employees, including director's who needs to obtain medical information in the event of long term sickness or prior to recruitment.
Application and features
- Set of letters to cover the main items in the consent and instruction process
- Detailed consent form suitable for all medical professionals
- Tips on how to best deal with hospitals
- Firm but sympathetic treatment of your staff member
- This document covers model versions of five letters and medical absence self certification form
- Letter from you to staff member explaining why consent needed and seeking authorities
- Letter from staff member to general practitioner for records
- Letter from staff member to hospital for records
- Letter from staff member authorising your consultant to discuss his case
- Letter from you to instruct consultant
- Medical absence self certification form