IT & computer use policy: e-mail, Internet and communications
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
There are few businesses that do not use any IT in some regard. Of course its use requires careful and precise control in regards to employment law. It is often difficult to decide exactly what level of control you require. This document is drawn as much to prompt your decisions as to provide a model version. It includes many eventualities - you simply pick and choose the level you need.
Make sure you incorporate this policy into staff contracts by reference (as in the Net Lawman contract documents). Your employees are thus bound by the terms of the policy. So far as you change the terms, it is important to make them clear so that staff know exactly where they stand.
Why use this document?
- Misuse of employer’s computers is now the number one reason for dismissal. It also wastes time on a day-to-day basis. This constitutes a gigantic waste of resources in lost management time spent in re-advertising and arranging temporary substitution
- Tribunal cases are frequently lost in circumstances where common sense dictates that natural justice favoured the employer. Invariably, a feature of the employee’s case was the employer’s failure to say what was and what was not permitted
Application and features
- Modern, flexible e-mail policy to suit all organisations
- 40 paragraphs of down-to-earth practical clauses to protect your business
- Helps prevent computer misuse of every sort
- Protects your data, your reputation and your business
- Covers employees working out of the office/using laptop
- Helps protect you from tribunal claims arising from e-mail and Internet related disputes
- Educates staff in best practice
- Saves time in individual explanation
- Computer network use and constraints
- Special provisions for laptops
- Prohibited actions
- Explanation of e-mail system
- Comprehensive email management and control provision
- Prohibited actions
- Changes permitted
- Other communications issues
- Example confidentiality footer
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
"I have found Net Lawman perfect for my needs and saved me thousand of dollars in legal fees getting a lawyer to produce these douc's from scratch. I have used three of the Net Lawman doc's to basically write up the NDA, contract, Non Solicitation agreements to a level of being 95% complete and then used my lawyer to sign off. My lawyer even commented how complete these doc's are.
Thanks guys, great service/product.
Cheers Dean"Dean Harper
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor! "John K
"Compared to the costs quoted by our lawyers your service is an absolute bargain. We can now invest our money where it really matters!"Gary Morrison