IT & computer use policy
- Length:8 pages (2250 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
There are few businesses that do not use any IT in some regard. Of course its use requires careful and precise control in regards to employment law. It is often difficult to decide exactly what level of control you require. This document is drawn as much to prompt your decisions as to provide a model version. It includes many eventualities - you simply pick and choose the level you need.
Make sure you incorporate this policy into staff contracts by reference (as in the Net Lawman contract documents). Your employees are thus bound by the terms of the policy. So far as you change the terms, it is important to make them clear so that staff know exactly where they stand.
Why use this document?
- Misuse of employer’s computers is now the number one reason for dismissal. It also wastes time on a day-to-day basis. This constitutes a gigantic waste of resources in lost management time spent in re-advertising and arranging temporary substitution
- Tribunal cases are frequently lost in circumstances where common sense dictates that natural justice favoured the employer. Invariably, a feature of the employee’s case was the employer’s failure to say what was and what was not permitted
Application and features
- Modern, flexible e-mail policy to suit all organisations
- 40 paragraphs of down-to-earth practical clauses to protect your business
- Helps prevent computer misuse of every sort
- Protects your data, your reputation and your business
- Covers employees working out of the office/using laptop
- Helps protect you from tribunal claims arising from e-mail and Internet related disputes
- Educates staff in best practice
- Saves time in individual explanation
- Computer network use and constraints
- Special provisions for laptops
- Prohibited actions
- Explanation of e-mail system
- Comprehensive email management and control provision
- Prohibited actions
- Changes permitted
- Other communications issues
- Example confidentiality footer