Commercial property licence: to occupy business premises
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this commercial property licence agreement
This agreement creates a licence to occupy commercial premises, not a lease. The difference is important because a lease creates an interest in land and gives the tenant additional rights - particularly with respect to stay in the property when the lease term expires.
This property licence includes minimal and usual provisions in simple format, specifically to avoid it being interpreted as a lease.
The document might be used to:
- let spare office rooms, unused workshops or warehouse space to another business
- bring in another trader on a shop floor
- rent office space on a short term, flexible basis, for example as 'incubator' space for start-up businesses
- let a parcel of spare land to another business to store vehicles or machinery
This document has been carefully drawn so as to avoid being interpreted as a lease under Property Law Act 2007.
If you need a lease rather than a licence to occupy, we have a large collection of business lease agreement templates for all types of property.
The document is not suitable for residential property. For that, see our documents within the category Lodger agreements and licences, or our standard lodger agreement.
- Property details
- Licence fee
- Licence fee inclusions such as services and rates
- Payment provisions: all payments the tenant might have to make
- Use allowed: restrictions on how the occupier can use the property
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
"I have found Net Lawman perfect for my needs and saved me thousand of dollars in legal fees getting a lawyer to produce these douc's from scratch. I have used three of the Net Lawman doc's to basically write up the NDA, contract, Non Solicitation agreements to a level of being 95% complete and then used my lawyer to sign off. My lawyer even commented how complete these doc's are.
Thanks guys, great service/product.
Cheers Dean"Dean Harper
"Yes the document was very useful, easy to read and understand and contained everything I needed. I will definitely refer to your site in the future. "Vicky Gregory
"The document was extremely useful and I shall certainly use your service again"Colin Poole