- Length:11 pages (2900 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this construction contract
This is a basic straight forward construction contract for any small works. Simple contract for a building company employing staff to use for domestic and industrial work. It helps to protect against claims and get money in. Use for single contract or as umbrella agreement for multiple contracts. Requires that you attach specification of work. Comes with extensive notes explaining every item and leaving you simply to choose and use.
This construction contract covers just those areas where you most need legal strength: limiting your liability if things go wrong, cash collection, payment for extras, no posting bad publicity on social networks. Of course, with the wide Net Lawman experience of the real World, there are a few more helpful points too.
This construction contract also contains drafting notes to make quite clear what the text means and to advise you on choosing from the options we give.
Alternatives to this construction contract
Net Lawman offers several alternative construction industry and services contracts. They include several trade-specific contracts for a sole trader doing small domestic work. See them listed at right hand side of this page. This contract is for higher value work using employees and sub-contractors for a commercial or industrial client.
If you are a client wanting something formal for a contract and maybe to establish that your man is not an employee, you should buy Small works construction contract for client.
Contents of this construction contract
- Definitions of special terms
- Interpretation: explaining the agreement
- Client warranties: making sure the party who signs has authority to do so - and more
- Work assignments: specifications and organisation
- Builder’s payment: the system you use and making sure you get paid
- Confidentiality: no using social networks
- Use of sub-contractors: basic ground rules to keep your client happy
- Limitation of liability: helps you avoid being caught out
- Termination of the agreement
- Transferring the contract by either side
- Uncontrollable events (just in case you need it)
- Miscellaneous legal matters