Our winning formula gives you:
- a thorough and professional legal document in plain language that your other party will understand.
- your exact commercial requirements. We look for the day-to-day reality of what your business needs as well as the cold “legal” issues.
- personal attention of a member of our small team under Andrew Taylor, a UK solicitor with 20 years in private practice, over ten years writing documents under Australian federal and state law and half a lifetime of business engagement at every level.
- expert advice - before you start and at any later stage. We can discuss by Skype or telephone as well as email (subject to time differences).
- our bespoke documents are not written by a machine but by real lawyers with an understanding of the real World.
- a solution at a price substantially lower than a high street solicitor. We have far lower overheads and drawing documents is “What we do”.
- We pay our taxes in the UK, so do not charge GST.
A fixed, time based price for a time-variable task never works for both sides. Someone will be the loser. But every client wants to know what a service will cost. Money is limited, even for the richest of us.
We give you an estimate and a promise that we will increase it ONLY if your instructions or requirement change or you need more help. If that happens, we will explain any extra cost before we do the extra work. It does not happen often.
That gives you the confidence that we are the right people to serve you and us the confidence that we can give you the amazing service we promise.
What sort of law we cover
As a director of Net Lawman alone, Andrew Taylor has personally overseen the drawing of over 2,000 template documents for use in seven countries. Our template documents have been bought approximately 200,000 times. We have also provided opinions and drawn special documents for many clients. Our most popular drafting services are for commercial agreements.
Here are just a few to give you the flavour:
- a lease and management agreement for an airfield and trading terms for aircraft owners using it;
- joint ventures in property development – every one is different;
- a limited partnership agreement for a financial services partnership;
- a shareholders’ agreement drawn to protect a large investor in a new business;
- business terms for a very specialist tour operator. More examples
What we do not do
Engage in correspondence with any third party whatever.
Work on other people’s (poor quality) documents.
Take on work in these law categories:
- Wills and probate
- Transfers and mortgages of land
How we work with you
- You complete the form at the next page with your detailed instructions.
- We give you a ball-park figure on costs.
- We send you an email message with questions.
- We confirm our fee estimate.
- You make payment of the sum estimated.
- Further discussion by email (or Skype - limited hours)
- We draw your document.
- You suggest changes; we advise and discuss as you decide.
- Second draft of your document.
- Still small changes? We make them.
- You are happy with third draft.
More work needed? No problem. We go on editing until you are happy.
How we charge
The fee estimate is calculated on a fixed hourly rate for our time, and includes the time we spend discussing your requirements with you as well as the time we spend drafting the contract, letter or agreement you need.
As you read this, our rate is $235 per hour. That is a lot of money to many people, but we are not ashamed to put this on the line up front because we know we provide terrific value.
We are confident that there are very few solicitors in practice who have drawn more (and more varied) documents for small and medium businesses than has the Net Lawman team. If you want to know what other people have said, just read our testimonials.
Here are a few guide prices:
If you buy a document and decide later to go for a bespoke version, we will of course deduct the cost of that document from your bill.
There are no hidden costs such as stationery and office expenses.
Our ultimate policy is to provide you with super-value.
Payment made easy
You can pay by credit or debit card through our website, or by PayPal.
We send an invoice automatically, as soon as you make a payment.