Web design contract: client's version
You are any business wanting to have your new website written. Comprehensive web design agreement suitable for complex web sites where work needs to be performed to time, specification and budget. Easy edit and put to your possible coding contractors for a price. This document is written for a substantial work, but could be edited to control a contract of modest size. It is suitable for any business contracting with any software house in any country. Protects you, the client, fully.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
What this document does
This agreement addresses almost all of the problems that may arise between you and your web writer, graphic designer or coder. It has been drawn as a fully flexible and comprehensive agreement so you can start a negotiation process with your contractor. It is suitable for larger or more complicated sites.
The website design contracts have been drawn to protect you, the client, so any person or Company wanting to allocate website designing work to a professional website designer will use one of these Net Lawman documents. It covers graphic design, records, testing and all other areas of your work.
This document will protect you from many legal pitfalls, but does not attempt to provide technical input for your specification of work. Technical material will be entered into the specification by you, the technical expert.
Extensive drafting notes explain even more.
What is in this website design and write agreement, client's version
Here are some of the most important provisions. Of course there is much more:
- Your customer will approve the website design in stages but pay for additional work on an agreed basis.
- Regulating customer changes to the agreed specification.
- Providing concisely for responsibility for search engine strategy and other matters where you require certainty.
- Lists excluded matters for client's separate attention - e.g. names, hosting; payment service provision.
- Testing and acceptance.
- Alternative payment arrangements.
- Clear and strong identification and protection of your intellectual property.
- Appropriate legal provisions - exclusions, indemnities, etc.
- Regulating customer changes to the website design specification so that it is clear what work is "extra".
- We provide a template for the detailed specification;
- Lists excluded matters for your special attention - e.g. names, hosting; payment service provider;
- Training option.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"I used Netlawman to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.
"I appreciate your patience. I have to say though it took me a while (I had almost given up) to come across your internet site, but I was quite impressed with the manoverabilty of the site itself and the services it offers. Normally I am very cautious about internet services and am pleasantly impressed by you professional response. Without doubt I will definitely be recommending yourselves to others."Razwana
"I found the documents easy to use and great value. I feel the service is easy to use and good value for money"Sean McNicholas