Joint ownership agreement: residential property; two owners
Where all the owners occupy the property at the same time.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This agreement covers any situation where two people share ownership and use of a house, flat, bungalow, cottage or other property for permanent occupation. The agreement is designed to regulate occupation where all the owners occupy the property at the same time and the property’s occupation is shared by area. This agreement is suitable not only for situations where, for example, each owner has the exclusive right to use a bedroom and shares the use of all other rooms, but also for virtual flats where, for example, each owner has the exclusive right to use a bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom and the only shared area is the entrance hall.
First, you should consider what the most suitable structure for your sharing proposal is.
Application and features
- Comprehensive fractional ownership document for any type of property: flat, apartment, house, bungalow and so on
- Sensible and practical provisions for shared ownership
- Written in plain English
- Explanatory notes to guide you
- Terms of beneficial interest - beneficial trusts provision
- Price and payment for the Property
- How the parties will use the Property
- How expenses will be paid
- Who and how will manage payment of expenses
- Undertakings by the parties
- Alternative exit strategies
- Effect of termination
- What if someone wants to sell his share or sell the property
- Many other legal provisions
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"I used Netlawman to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.
"Yes the document was very useful, easy to read and understand and contained everything I needed. I will definitely refer to your site in the future. "Vicky Gregory
"I appreciate your patience. I have to say though it took me a while (I had almost given up) to come across your internet site, but I was quite impressed with the manoverabilty of the site itself and the services it offers. Normally I am very cautious about internet services and am pleasantly impressed by you professional response. Without doubt I will definitely be recommending yourselves to others."Razwana