Joint ownership agreement: holiday property; two owners
A shared property purchase agreement suitable where generally only one owner occupies the whole of the property at any one time. Most suited where the owners use the property for holidays and weekend breaks. Can be adapted for use for business or renovation.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This fractional ownership agreement covers any situation where two people or sets of people share ownership and use of a house, flat or other property for holiday occupation. The agreements are designed to regulate occupation where only one owner occupies the whole of the property at any one time. However, there is nothing to prevent more than one owner occasionally using the property at the same time.
First, you should consider the most suitable structure for your sharing proposal.
Application and features
- Suitable for ownership and use of a house, flat or other property for holiday occupation
- Not suitable for a business letting, a lease of more than three months or a residential letting
- An all in one legal agreement - includes the declaration of trust (trust deed) as well as details about the sharing arrangement
- Two individuals or two sets of people (two couples, two families) purchase together
- Comprehensive yet flexible – you edit out what doesn’t apply to you
- Complete with notes in plain English
- Terms of beneficial interest - beneficial trusts provision
- Price and payment for the Property
- How many people allowed into occupation at one time and who they may be
- Who and how will manage payment of expenses
- Management of the property
- Undertakings by the parties
- Alternative exit strategies
- Effect of termination
- What if someone wants to sell his share or sell the property
- Other legal provisions to protect your interest
- Explanatory notes
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"I used Netlawman to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.
"I appreciate your patience. I have to say though it took me a while (I had almost given up) to come across your internet site, but I was quite impressed with the manoverabilty of the site itself and the services it offers. Normally I am very cautious about internet services and am pleasantly impressed by you professional response. Without doubt I will definitely be recommending yourselves to others."Razwana
"I found the documents easy to use and great value. I feel the service is easy to use and good value for money"Sean McNicholas