Drug and alcohol misuse policy
Comprehensive drugs and alcohol policy which aids compliance with health and safety legislation as well as acting as a warning to employees about the consequences of drug and alcohol misuse. Use it to protect your business.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
- Provides a framework for all employees;
- Helps with health and safety compliance;
- Aims to reduce the number of employees who abuse drugs and or alcohol;
- Informs staff of their rights and responsibilities regards drugs and alcohol and;
- Provides a framework in which employees can seek help in order to resolve any addictions rather than a framework under which they will automatically be punished.
Why use this document?
Alcohol and drug misuse is everyone's concern. Not only does it damage the employee’s health, but it can cost employers through absenteeism and reduced productivity. It may also increase the risk of accidents.
Health and Safety legislation ensures that employers are responsible for prohibiting drug and alcohol misuse. Turning a blind eye is no excuse.
Do your employees drive?
If your employees drive in the course of their employment, you should be aware of duties under the Road Traffic legislation. These require drivers not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Who will use this document?
- Any business or organisation with employees
Application and features
- Provides a framework for all employees
- Helps with health and safety compliance
- Suitable for any sized business or organisation with employees
- Informs staff of their rights and responsibilities regards drugs and alcohol
- Aims to reduce the number of employees who abuse drugs and or alcohol
- Up to date policy encourages non abuse at work
- Down-to-earth common sense provisions to protect your business
- Educates staff in best practice
- Saves hours of individual explanation
- Current legislation
- Policy implementation
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"I used Netlawman to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor! "John K
"I have found the product exactly what I wanted and the notes helpful - as well as it being easy to locate, buy and download. There should be a better way of making your product more widely known. I have recently had experience of a tailor-made lease and this left a lot to be desired - whereas your product is well researched and ticks all the boxes."Ted