Consent letter to hospital to release medical records to employer
Set of letters from and to the employee, hospital and GP requesting various medicals information assists in formal organisation of an employee's permitted time-off or potential employment tribunal claims.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
Employee absence causes business setbacks and other repercussions. Keep yourself fully informed by obtaining medical information. Sensitivity and confidentiality is important in order to comply with employment legislation. These letters are designed to avoid the pitfalls of failing to use the right words to convince a doubting GP practice or medical records manager that you are entitled to the information you seek.
This document includes model versions of five letters and a medical absence self certification form. In more detail:
- Letter from you to staff member explaining why consent needed and seeking authorities;
- Letter from staff member to general practitioner for records;
- Letter from staff member to hospital for records;
- Letter from staff member authorising your consultant to discuss his case;
- Letter from you to instruct consultant;
- Medical absence self certifications form.
Who will use these documents?
Any employer or manager with employees, including director's who needs to obtain medical information in the event of long term sickness or prior to recruitment.
Application and features
- Set of letters to cover the main items in the consent and instruction process
- Detailed consent form suitable for all medical professionals
- Tips on how to best deal with hospitals
- Firm but sympathetic treatment of your staff member
- This document covers model versions of five letters and medical absence self certification form
- Letter from you to staff member explaining why consent needed and seeking authorities
- Letter from staff member to general practitioner for records
- Letter from staff member to hospital for records
- Letter from staff member authorising your consultant to discuss his case
- Letter from you to instruct consultant
- Medical absence self certification form
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current New Zealand law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"I used Netlawman to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.
"Compared to the costs quoted by our lawyers your service is an absolute bargain. We can now invest our money where it really matters!"Gary Morrison
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor! "John K